A simple and easy way to enjoy Acorn Squash.
Baked Acorn Squash
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Dash of salt
- Cut the acorn squash in half, lengthwise from stem to end. You may want to use a strong chef's knife and perhaps a rubber mallet if the skin of the acorn is too tough to cut. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and stringy core in the center of each half.
- Place each half in a baking pan, cut side up. Add about a 1/4 inch of water to the bottom of the baking pan so that the skins don't burn and the squash doesn't get dried out.
- Coat the inside of each half with a 1/2 Tbsp of butter. Add a Tbsp of brown sugar to the cavity of each half. Dribble on a teaspoon of maple syrup to each half. Bake in the oven for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes at 400°F, or until the squash is very soft and the tops are browned.
- When finished, remove from oven and let cool before serving. Spoon any buttery sugar sauce that has not already been absorbed by the squash over the exposed areas.