You’d never guess that there wasn’t wheat in this loaf!
White "Wheat" Bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 3 cups GF flour mix
- 2 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp baking powder
- In a large mixing bowl place eggs, oil and vinegar, and beat at high speed until foamy, set aside.
- In another bowl, dissolve honey in very warm water and set aside. Add the water and honey mixture to the egg mixture and beat until it becomes foamy again. Turn the speed low and add 1/2 cup of flour mix at a time, along with the yeast and baking powder.
- After all the flour has been added, turn the mixer to high speed and beat for about 3 minutes. The texture should be like cake batter. If it is too thick, add one tablespoon of warm water at a time until it is the right consistency.
- Spoon it immediately into a greased loaf pan. Cover with greased plastic wrap and put it in a warm place to rise for about 30 minutes.
- Bake for about 45 minutes at 375°F, or until internal temperature of loaf reaches between 200°F-208°F, using an instant read thermometer (using a
- thermometer is the only way to be sure you loaf is fully cooked).
- Brush the top with oil when it comes out of the oven and let it totally cool on the rack.
2 cups garbanzo bean flour
1 cup sorghum flour
2 1/4 cups tapioca flour
2 1/4 cups arrowroot (or cornstarch)
1 cup rice flour
1 Tbsp potato starch
2 Tbsp potato flour
2 Tbsp xanthan gum
2 pkgs gelatin (unflavored)
1 1/2 tsp salt