Find your old cast iron skillet, and let’s make some cornbread!
|Skillet Cornbread|| |
Author: Marla Hingley
Find your old cast iron skillet, and let's make some cornbread!
- 1 cup GF cornmeal (fine grind)
- 1¼ cup milk or milk substitute
- ¾ cup soy flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1½ tsp xanthan gum
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Set oven to 400°F. Once preheated, place a well greased (with vegetable oil) cast iron skillet into oven for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix cornmeal and milk and let sit for 10 minutes to allow cornmeal to soften.
- In another bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients and set aside.
- To the cornmeal mixture, add the egg and oil and mix well. Then mix in the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Remove skillet from oven and carefully pour in batter, then return to oven for 20-25 minutes, or until done.