White Bread (Dairy-Free)
DariFree is used as a milk substitute in this bread.
White Dairy-Free Bread
No milk in this recipe.
- 2 cups white rice flour
- 2 cups tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tsp guar or xanthan gum
- 2/3 cup 1/2 package dry powdered DariFree
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp active dry yeast
- 4 Tbsp margarine melted (or canola oil)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 4 tsp egg replacer or 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- Egg Wash: 1 egg + 1 Tbsp water
- Combine first six ingredients in a large bowl, mix then stir in yeast.
- Combine remaining four ingredients and beat into dry ingredients for 2-3 minutes. If necessary, add a little more water or flour until dough is smooth.
- Put dough in a greased loaf pan, and allow to rise in a warm space for 45 minutes.
- Brush with egg wash and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes, or until internal temperature of loaf reaches between 200°F-208°F, using an instant read thermometer (using a thermometer is the only way to be sure you loaf is fully cooked).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
[hr]FAQ: Learn the secrets to baking the perfect loaf of bread!