Soft and creamy insides, with a crisp chocolate shell. I’ve included two ways to make this recipe, inside paper wrapper cups, or as round chocolate covered balls. You can make the filling ahead of time – just shape them into balls and freeze them until you’re ready to cover them with chocolate.
|Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups (or Balls)|| |
- 2 cups GF peanut butter
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 lbs icing sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 8 oz GF milk chocolate or semi-sweet, melted
- 1 tsp vegetable oil or coconut oil
- Beat together peanut butter, butter, icing sugar, and salt until smooth. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate and oil together until smooth. Set aside.
- For balls: scoop about 1 tsp of mixture (or make as big as you want), and shape into a ball. Place onto a baking sheet, continue until all balls are rolled, then freeze until firm. Roll balls in melted chocolate, then place on silicon or parchment lined baking sheet and allow to set.
- For cups: spread a bit of melted chocolate into bottom of mini paper cup, shape about 1 tsp of peanut butter mixture into a cylinder and place on top of chocolate – make sure the top of the peanut butter is a bit below the paper cup, and it doesn't touch the sides. Once all cups are done, place in freezer until set. Pour melted chocolate over top until cup is filled, and filling is covered. Gently bang pan on counter to remove any air bubbles, chill until set.
- Makes 24-48 balls, depending on size.