Apple crisp ingredients, but put together in a whole new (and tasty) way!
|Layered Apple Crisp|| |
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- 6 slices GF Raisin (or regular) Bread, finely chopped
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 large apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ cup apple cider
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and bread. Melt butter, add the lemon juice, and stir into the crumbled bread mixture.
- Cover the bottom of the greased baking dish with a layer of the crumbs (about one third of the mixture), add half the apples, a layer of crumbs, the rest of the apples, and the remaining crumbs.
- Pour the apple cider over the top, cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cover and bake for 20 minutes longer.
[hr]FAQ: Is Cider Gluten Free?