A big loaf with a neutral taste, will sure to please everyone.
|White Bread|| |
Author: Angie Halten
A good old White Bread recipe that the whole family will enjoy.
- 3 cups GFC Flour Blend For Breads
- 1½ Tbsp unflavored gelatin
- 1 Tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3½ tsp xanthan gum
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk powder
- 2½ tsp active dry yeast
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups warm water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup corn oil
- In a medium bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients using a wooden spoon or a whisk.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs slightly with a fork. Slowly beat in warm water and vinegar to the eggs. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and combine using a mix master slowly beating at a low mix speed. Beat until dry ingredients are just slightly moist. Change the mixer speed to medium and slowly add oil and mix until batter is smooth, about two minutes.
- Check the texture of the dough. If you think it needs more water, or if you desire a batter that is smoother and a little thinner, you may add more water at this point. Just mix it in with the beater until it is well combined.
- Transfer batter to a greased loaf pan. Cover with a cloth and leave in a warm, dry place to rise until doubled.
- Bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes, or until internal temperature of loaf reaches between 200°F-208°F, using an instant read thermometer (using a thermometer is the only way to be sure you loaf is fully cooked).
FAQ: Learn the secrets to baking the perfect loaf of bread!