Sprinkling this bread with poppy seeds or sesame seeds gives this bread a special touch.
|White Poppyseed Bread|| |
- ½ cup warm water
- 1½ cups water
- 4 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted (or oil)
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp sugar
- 4 tsp yeast
- 2 cups white rice flour
- 2 cups tapioca flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 tsp xanthan gum
- ⅔ cup dry milk
- 1½ tsp salt
- In a small bowl mix together all the wet ingredients.
- In a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Combine the two mixtures and beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan, cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm place for about 1 hour.
- Once doubled in size remove the plastic wrap and if desired brush with a mixture of egg and water, sprinkle sesame seed or poppy seeds over top.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 - 40 minutes or until internal temperature of loaf reaches 200°F- 208°F, using an instant read thermometer (using a thermometer is the only way to be sure you loaf is fully cooked).
[hr]FAQ: Learn the secrets to baking the perfect loaf of bread!