Brining the chicken is really what makes this so moist.
|Brined & Roasted Garlic Chicken|| |
- ½ cup garlic cloves
- 2 cups water + ice cubes
- ¼ cup salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon, zested & cut into 4 wedges
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (3-4 lb) whole roasting chicken
- Warm water and stir in salt until dissolved. Add ice cubes to cool water back down.
- Pour into a blender and add garlic, pepper and olive oil, lemon zest and squeezed lemon juice into the brine, blend.
- Pour into a zipper lock plastic bag, add chicken, bay leaves and squeezed lemon wedges. Squeeze out all the air from the bag and seal. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Remove the chicken from the brine, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place chicken in a roasting pan, breast side up, and cook for about 1 hr or until fully cooked.