Masa Harina gives this cornbread a traditional flavor-it is a Mexican-style corn flour used for tortillas.
Cornbread with Masa Harina
- 2 cups GF cornmeal fine grind
- 1 cup Masa Harina Mexican-style corn flour used for tortillas
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk or milk alternative
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup corn oil
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- Mix together eggs and milk. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. Then mix in oil, then add in egg mixture.
- Pour batter into a greased pie plate or square baking dish, and bake at 425°F for 40-50 minutes, or until done.