Sometimes gluten free breads can be quite dry but not so with this one, the mashed potatoes is the secret ingredient to giving this bread it’s beautifully moist taste.
|Fluffy White Bread|| |
- ½ cup potatoes, cooked and mashed (cooled slightly)
- ¼ cup margarine or butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 6 eggs, separated
- ¾ cup milk or milk alternative
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 2 Tbsp soy flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp salt
- Mash potatoes with butter and sugar. Add the egg yolks, milk and beat well.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and combine with the wet ingredient mixture.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until they hold a soft peak. Then fold into mixture. Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350°F for 1 hour, or until internal temperature of loaf reaches between 200°F-208°F, using an instant read thermometer (using a thermometer is the only way to be sure you loaf is fully cooked).
FAQ: Learn the secrets to baking the perfect loaf of bread!