Sometimes gluten free breads can be quite dry but not so with this one, the mashed potatoes is the secret ingredient to giving this bread it’s beautifully moist taste.
|Fluffy White Bread|| |
Author: Angie Halten
Sometimes gluten free breads can be quite dry but not so with this one, the mashed potatoes is the secret ingredient to giving this bread it's beautifully moist taste.
- ½ cup potatoes, cooked and mashed (cooled slightly)
- ¼ cup margarine or butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 6 eggs, separated
- ¾ cup milk or milk alternative
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 2 Tbsp soy flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp salt
- Mash potatoes with butter and sugar. Add the egg yolks, milk and beat well.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and combine with the wet ingredient mixture.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until they hold a soft peak. Then fold into mixture. Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350°F for 1 hour, or until internal temperature of loaf reaches between 200°F-208°F, using an instant read thermometer (using a thermometer is the only way to be sure you loaf is fully cooked).
[hr]FAQ: Learn the secrets to baking the perfect loaf of bread!