Sweet pear and salt feta cheese are perfect together in this spinach salad.
Warm Pear & Feta Salad
- 1 bag fresh spinach leaves
- 5 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 medium red onion halved, cut into 1/3-inch-thick wedges
- 1 fresh pear sliced and cubed
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 7 ounce feta cheese coarsely crumbled
- 2 Tbsp sherry wine vinegar
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Add onion and sauté until brown and softened, about 7 minutes. Then stir in the pear and pecans, and transfer to a bowl with spinach
- Remove skillet from heat (but don't let it cool down), and add remaining 3 tablespoons oil and feta cheese. Stir to melt cheese slightly, about 1 minute, then add in vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour over spinach; toss to coat and wilt slightly.
[hr]FAQ: Is Sherry Vinegar Safe?