You can make this recipe for two or for as many people as you like.
|Baked Apples|| |
- 4 large baking apples
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup currants or raisins, chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- ¾ cup boiling water
- Slice apples in half and remove cores leaving at least ½ inch thickness from the bottom of the apples. Place, cut side up, in a square baking pan or pie plate.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, currants/raisins, and pecans. Stuff each apple with this mixture, and top with a dot of butter each.
- Add boiling water to the baking pan, then bake at 375°F for 30-40 minutes, until tender, but not mushy.
- Remove and serve with vanilla ice cream on the side if you like.