Also called Mexican Green Tomato, these are a staple in Southwestern cooking. With a fresh tart flavor, and minimal juice inside it’s a perfect addition to homemade salsas.
Remove the paper husk, and wash them well with water (they have a bit of a sticky residue on their surface).
To core an avocado, run the knife along lengthwise around the entire avocado and pull the two halves apart. To remove the seed, ‘chop’ the blade of a sharp knife into the seed then turn it to pop it out.
Combine all ingredients together and gently stir. Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to blend.
|Tomatillo & Avocado Salsa|| |
- 1 avocados, diced
- 3 tomatillos, husked, rinsed, diced (1 cup)
- ¼ cup onion, finely minced
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients together and gently toss until combined.