Tender freshly shucked corn adds a burst of sweetness with every bite and the peppers add a bit of heat and help to balance out the richness of the dip. For a quick appy using fresh from the farm corn on the cob, you won’t be disappointed with this recipe.
Corn tastes best the day you buy it (since once picked, its sugars start turning into starch), although it can be stored for 3 days in the fridge wrapped in plastic. Boil, steam or roast the corn cobs until just tender, about 5-9 minutes. Use a sharp knife and cut the kernels off the cobs.
|Jalapeno Corn Dip|| |
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (sharp cheese is the most flavorful)
- ¼ cup GF mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp sliced pickled jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives or green onions, finely minced
- Mix together all ingredients, then pour into a small shallow casserole dish.
- Bake at 425°F for 10-15 minutes or until hot and bubbly.