At first you might be thinking what ever would you use this ‘cream’ for, but once you taste it I know your mind will start counting the ways.
Like used as a dipping sauce for empanadas, tossed with pasta, added to a cream sauce for a bit more flavor and creaminess, drizzled over a salad or grilled veggies, even as a topping for creamy soups like butternut squash or carrot and ginger soup….or used instead of sour cream to top off our tasty Azteca Soup!
|Avocado Cream|| |
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 4 Tbsp pickled green chilies, minced
- ¼ cup GF sour cream or Greek yogurt*
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- Place everything in a food processor, or mash together with a fork until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper, and adjust other flavors (like lime juice and hot sauce) to taste if desired.
*For dairy free version, replace with silken tofu or Cashew Cream