At first you might be thinking what ever would you use this ‘cream’ for, but once you taste it I know your mind will start counting the ways.
Like used as a dipping sauce for empanadas, tossed with pasta, added to a cream sauce for a bit more flavor and creaminess, drizzled over a salad or grilled veggies, even as a topping for creamy soups like butternut squash or carrot and ginger soup….or used instead of sour cream to top off our tasty Azteca Soup!
The highest concentration of vitamins in the avocado is in the flesh right next to the skin. So make sure you scoop out every last bit of all that green goodness.
- 2 ripe avocados pitted
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 4 Tbsp pickled green chilies minced
- ¼ cup GF sour cream or Greek yogurt*
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro minced
- Place everything in a food processor, or mash together with a fork until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper, and adjust other flavors (like lime juice and hot sauce) to taste if desired.
*For dairy free version, replace with silken tofu or Cashew Cream
Thank you for your recipes. I am new to a job for a family as a house manager/nanny and they eat entirely gluten-free, and as often as possible lactose-free. They eat no red meat or pork. Your emails and accompanying recipes have been an encouragement to me as I learn an entirely new way to cook!
How do you make empanadas?
That recipe will be coming out next month – so stay tuned!