These tasty mushroom appetizers are loaded with chunks of crab, and are quick and easy to make. A bit of poultry seasoning is the secret spice that really brings it all together and adds a touch of earthiness that blends deliciously with the mushrooms flavors.
|Crab Stuffed Mushrooms|
- 12 - 16 medium mushrooms
- 1 can chunk crab meat
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp dill
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ⅛ tsp poultry seasoning
- ½ cup sharp cheddar, grated
- ½ cup GF cream cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Remove stems from mushrooms with a gentle twist and pull. Use a melon baller to get more of the mushroom out so there is more room for the filling.
- Arrange hollowed out mushrooms on baking sheet.
- Mix all the ingredients together, except the crab. Once the mixture is smooth, gently fold in the crab.
- Stuff caps, with a little mound on top (don't be tempted to over stuff them, as it will melt down over the sides of the mushroom).
- Sprinkle with extra cheese.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes, then broil for about 5 minutes until cheese is browned.