This is such a light and refreshing change from regular chips and salsa. A cross between a salad and salsa, I know you’re definitely going to enjoy this quick and tasty appy.
Cucumber & Tomato Salsa
- 2 cups cucumber peeled, seeded & finely chopped
- ½ cup tomato seeded & finely chopped
- ¼ cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp pickled banana peppers minced (or fresh jalapeno)
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ cup GF sour cream or Greek yogurt*
- 1 ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- Combine veggies, peppers, and cilantro in bowl.
- In another dish whisk together the remaining ingredients until smooth. Then pour over cucumber mixture and gently toss.
- Serve with corn tortillas or low carb crackers.
Makes about 3 cups