This toasted nutty pesto is a perfect addition to boost the flavor of any dish. Try adding 1-2 Tbsp to…
- Spread on your favorite gluten free crackers, along with some soft cheese
- Mixed in with your regular pesto basil pesto, then tossed with pasta
- Brush over steak or fish then cook over the grill or under a broiler
- Used as a dipping sauce for meat, like for shishkabobs
- In a sandwich or burger as a condiment
- Drizzled over top of a veggie pizza, or use instead of pizza sauce
|Walnut Pesto|| |
Author: Marla Hingley
Fresh pesto is snap to make, and can be used in everything from soups, pasta sauces, salad dressings, to pizza toppings.
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- ⅓-3/4 cup olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Toast walnuts in oven or in a dry skillet over medium heat until they become fragrant and start to brown (toss often). Allow to cool completely.
- In a small food processor, add nuts, cheese, garlic and ¼ cup oil. Process until smooth, adding more oil as needed until you reach the consistency you desire.
- Season to taste with salt.
Makes about 1 cup