This toasted nutty pesto is a perfect addition to boost the flavor of any dish. Try adding 1-2 Tbsp to…
- Spread on your favorite gluten free crackers, along with some soft cheese
- Mixed in with your regular pesto basil pesto, then tossed with pasta
- Brush over steak or fish then cook over the grill or under a broiler
- Used as a dipping sauce for meat, like for shishkabobs
- In a sandwich or burger as a condiment
- Drizzled over top of a veggie pizza, or use instead of pizza sauce
- ½ cup walnuts toasted
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3-3/4 cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Toast walnuts in oven or in a dry skillet over medium heat until they become fragrant and start to brown (toss often). Allow to cool completely.
- In a small food processor, add nuts, cheese, garlic and ¼ cup oil. Process until smooth, adding more oil as needed until you reach the consistency you desire.
- Season to taste with salt.
thanks for all your efforts for the gluten recipe, homemade the best.
How to make a tastie treat from raw cocoa, with sun flower seed walnuts raw shredded coconut, what to sweeten it with?
LOOKING FORWARD TO GLUTEN FREE WAY OF EATING, I AM NEW AT IT..:0)
Here is a great tasting recipe for dark chocolate fudge, using all natural ingredients – you could easily stir in any nuts, seeds, or coconut at the end (just before you pour it into the pan). Let me know how it turns out!
Would you give me suggestions on how to use the Walnut pesto? It sounds delish to me but I am at a loss on how to use it? Thanks
I updated the recipe info at the top, and listed a bunch of ways to use this tasty pesto!