Baked Sweet Potato Fries & Spicy Chili-Lime Mayo
Fries are only as good as their condiment – and this mayo is awesome!
Whenever my husband orders Sweet Potato Fries at a restaurant, he constantly raves about the flavor of the spicy mayo dip. After the last time, I had enough, and rolled up my sleeves and created my own gluten-free version for him to try.
After some trial and error, my husband now raves about MY dip!
Sweet Potato Fries & Spicy Chili Lime Mayo
- 1 lbs sweet potatoes peeled & cut into 3/8-inch sticks
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Spicy Chili Lime Mayo
- 1/3 cup GF mayonnaise
- 2 tsp GF ketchup
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- Zest from 1 lime
- 1/4-1/2 tsp chili powder or Sriracha to taste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2-1 clove garlic minced
- Dash of chili flakes optional
- Slice the sweet potatoes plank-style, 1/4" thick by 1/2" wide. This gives more surface area to cook them, making them crispy instead of mushy-which tends to happen with this type of high-starch potato.
- Soak the cut slices for 30 minutes in very cold water (with ice or in fridge) to remove as much starch as possible from their surface.. Drain and pat dry.
- Toss the sweet potatoes with the oil, salt, and pepper, and spread in an even layer on a preheated baking pan or a baking stone (for crispier fries).
- Bake at 400°F for about 40 minutes, turning a few times to ensure even browning.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with a bit of coarse sea salt if desired, and serve with mayo.
- To prepare spicy mayo, whisk all ingredients together until smooth.
Use any of your leftover Spicy Chili Lime Mayo on hamburgers, sandwiches, or as a veggie dip.
Great new website!
Thanks for the compliment!
I also love your website not only are your recipes great but your instructions and personal notes make this site my favourite. Thanks so much for putting the time and thought into your recipes and instructions ????????
Wow! I love sweet potato fries, and don’t make them as often as I’d like to, The dip, though sounds fantastic!! Can’t wait to try it!!
That means a lot, thank you for letting me know 🙂
Thanks so much for the recipe, I am now using more sweet potatoes for chips and it’s so yummy and different from the usual potato fries. I look forward to more delicious creations from you.
I’m so glad you’re enjoying my recipes, thanks for letting us know! Have a great day 🙂