Fries are only as good as their condiment – and this mayo is awesome!
Whenever my husband orders Sweet Potato Fries at a restaurant, he constantly raves about the flavor of the spicy mayo dip. After the last time, I had enough, and rolled up my sleeves and created my own gluten-free version for him to try.
After some trial and error, my husband now raves about MY dip!
Sweet Potato Fries & Spicy Chili Lime Mayo
- 1 lbs sweet potatoes peeled & cut into 3/8-inch sticks
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the sweet potatoes plank-style, 1/4" thick by 1/2" wide. This gives more surface area to cook them, making them crispy instead of mushy-which tends to happen with this type of high-starch potato.
- Soak the cut slices for 30 minutes in very cold water (with ice or in fridge) to remove as much starch as possible from their surface.. Drain and pat dry.
- Toss the sweet potatoes with the oil, salt, and pepper, and spread in an even layer on a preheated baking pan or a baking stone (for crispier fries).
- Bake at 400°F for about 40 minutes, turning a few times to ensure even browning.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with a bit of coarse sea salt if desired, and serve with mayo.
- To prepare spicy mayo, whisk all ingredients together until smooth.
Use any of your leftover Spicy Chili Lime Mayo on hamburgers, sandwiches, or as a veggie dip.