Pilaf is a rice dish that has been cooked in a seasoned broth. A variety of veggies and spices can be added to change the flavors to best accompany your main dish. In this one, chicken, mushrooms, toasted almonds and bit hint of curry powder create this fragrant rice dish.
|Chicken Curry Rice Pilaf|| |
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1-4 ounce can mushrooms, sliced and drained
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- ¾ tsp GF curry powder
- 2 cups boiling GF chicken broth
- ½ cup sliced toasted almonds
- 1 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- Sauté the vegetables and rice in melted butter until transparent then add the curry, broth, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into a oven proof casserole dish and cover.
- Bake for at 350°F for 30 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle nuts on top and serve.