Pineapples, lime juice and red peppers are just a few of the ingredients in this Hawaiian inspired rice dish.
|Spicy Luau Rice|| |
- 1-1/2 cups Jasmine rice
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- ⅛ tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into 1 inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Whisk together in a large bowl; sesame oil, vegetable oil, brown sugar, red pepper flakes and lime juice. Add cubed pineapple, bell pepper, and onion and toss to coat. Then spread out on baking sheet and roast in oven for 30 minutes.
- To serve, place a large spoonful of pineapple mixture over a bed of rice.