You’d never guess this rich dark chocolate frosting is sugar free! Pour the ganache over your dessert for a glossy-smooth finish, or chill then whip it into a deliciously spreadable frosting.
There are many brands of sugar free chocolate chips on the market. Right now, Lily’s & Krisda are my favorite brand.
Combine the hot cream with the remaining ingredients and gently stir until mixture is smooth.
Pour over cake while still warm for a smooth chocolate coating, or chill for about 1 hour in fridge until chocolate is firm. Then whip to soften and spread over cake.
Sugar Free Chocolate Frosting (Ganache)
- 100 g/3.5oz sugar free chocolate chips or a chocolate bar with 85% cocao or more
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- in a bowl combine chocolate, butter, and vanilla.
- Heat cream until just before boiling, then pour over chocolate. Let sit for a minute, then slowly stir until everything is combined and mixture is smooth.
- For a ganache coating: pour chocolate mixture directly over your dessert (ie. cake, cheesecake, etc).
- For a whipped frosting: Chill in fridge until set, about 1 hour. Using a hand mixer, beat chocolate until light and fluffy. Spread over dessert.
GFC Tried & Tested Recommendations
All the products that we have recommended have been tried and tested in our Gluten Free Club Test Kitchen, and have been chosen as our top picks based on their:
- Quality of the task they are designed to do
- Quality of manufacturing/Longevity
- Best value for your money
If you decide to purchase any of the items we recommend, Amazon will send a small percentage of the purchase price to the Gluten Free Club (at no extra cost to you!). We appreciate and value your support, thank you!