You’d never guess this rich dark chocolate frosting is sugar free! Pour the ganache over your dessert for a glossy-smooth finish, or chill then whip it into a deliciously spreadable frosting.
Combine the hot cream with the remaining ingredients and gently stir until mixture is smooth.
Pour over cake while still warm for a smooth chocolate coating, or chill for about 1 hour in fridge until chocolate is firm. Then whip to soften and spread over cake.
|Sugar Free Chocolate Frosting (Ganache)|| |
- 100g/3.5oz sugar free chocolate chips (or a chocolate bar with 85% cocao or more)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- in a bowl combine chocolate, butter, and vanilla.
- Heat cream until just before boiling, then pour over chocolate. Let sit for a minute, then slowly stir until everything is combined and mixture is smooth.
- For a ganache coating: pour chocolate mixture directly over your dessert (ie. cake, cheesecake, etc).
- For a whipped frosting: Chill in fridge until set, about 1 hour. Using a hand mixer, beat chocolate until light and fluffy. Spread over dessert.