Frost your favorite cake with coconut and pecans.
|Coconut Pecan Frosting|| |
Author: Angie Halten
Filled with flavor and texture.
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups heavy cream (or evaporated milk)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2½ cups flaked coconut
- 1½ cups pecans, coarsely chopped, toasted
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in cream and mix until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring continuously until mixture comes to a boil. Turn heat down and allow to simmer for 1 minute, while stirring. Remove from heat and fold in vanilla, coconut and pecans.
- Allow to cool before using.