Frost your favorite cake with coconut and pecans.
Coconut Pecan Frosting
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups heavy cream or evaporated milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups pecans coarsely chopped, toasted
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in cream and mix until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring continuously until mixture comes to a boil. Turn heat down and allow to simmer for 1 minute, while stirring. Remove from heat and fold in vanilla, coconut and pecans.
- Allow to cool before using.