Great dark, rich flavor. Add any nuts or dried fruit you like.
|Spice Cake|| |
- 2 cups GF flour mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ cup margarine or butter, softened
- ¼ cup shortening
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk (or milk alternative + 1 Tbsp vinegar)
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger.
- In another bowl cream butter, shortening and sugar until smooth. Add in eggs one at a time, and vanilla.
- Add in flour mixture alternating with buttermilk.
- Pour into a greased 9” x 13” baking pan, and bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until done.