A rich crust, covered in sweet pears
- 2 oz GF cream cheese softened
- 4 Tbsp butter or margarine softened
- 1/2 cup GF French Bread & Pizza Mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup + 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar divided
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pear
- Pinch cinnamon
- In a food processor, combine cream cheese and butter. Then add in sugar and salt, process until smooth (dough will be sticky).
- Turn dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet, and with lightly floured fingers, pat dough into an 8-inch circle with a slightly raised edge.
- For filling, combine 1/4 cup sugar and lemon juice.
- Leaving skin on, cut pear in half lengthwise, core, and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Toss with lemon juice mixture.
- Drain liquid and arrange around the border of the dough, overlapping slightly.
- Arrange the remaining slices in the center. Sprinkle top with remaining 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake at 400°F for 25-30 minutes.