This cake is dense and moist from the chickpeas. Can also be made dairy and egg free.
|Flouress Chocolate Cake|| |
- 1½ cup GF chocolate chips*
- 19 oz canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 eggs or egg substitute**
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave (or in a double broiler on the stove).
- Combine the beans and eggs in a blender or processor, then add sugar, baking powder and melted chocolate.
- Blend until smooth.
- Turn into a nonstick single-layer cake pan. Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until a knife in the center comes out clean.
**Egg Substitute: 1 cup liquid egg substitute (i.e. Egg Beaters) or 6 tsp Ener-G Egg Replacer + ½ cup water (once batter is mixed, if it is too thick add ½ cup more water)