Saffron gives a rich yellow color this this creamy rice dish.
Smoked Chicken & Shrimp Risotto
- 2 cups GF chicken broth
- 4 oz clam juice
- 1 tsp saffron threads crumbled
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/4 cups Arborio rice
- 3/4 lb smoked chicken breast cut into thin strips
- 1 jar roasted red peppers drained and cut into strips
- 1/4 lb medium shrimp shelled, de-veined
- In medium saucepan, add olive oil onion and garlic and sauté over medium heat until onion is soft, but not brown. Add rice and stir to coat. Add clam juice, chicken broth and saffron threads and stir, and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed. Spread shrimp over the top of the rice. Cover and let cook 5 minutes or until pink.
- Stir in chicken breast and red peppers. Let heat briefly.