A light, yet flavorful stirfry, filled with sweet pineapple, tart lemon, and fresh basil
Shrimp & Pineapple Stirfry
- 1 tsp butter or margarine
- 1 tsp peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2/3 lb medium shrimp shelled and de-veined
- 1 cup pineapple chunks drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp GF soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley minced
- 4 lemon slices garnish
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the garlic for a few seconds then add the shrimp.
- Continue to cook for several minutes until the shrimp turns pink (about 3-5 minutes). Add the pineapple to the skillet just to warm it up.
- Combine the sugar, soy sauce, parsley, and lemon juice in a separate bowl and stir together. Pour this mixture into the skillet and stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Once the mixture is heated through it is ready to serve. Serve with rice and garnish with lemon slices.