This flavorful dish can be served as a side dish, or it’s even better as a topping on a piece of baked fish.
|Grape Tomatoes with Basil Cornbread Crumbs|| |
Author: Marla Hingley
This flavorful dish can be served as a side dish, or it's even better as a topping on a piece of baked fish.
- 30 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 GF cornmeal muffin/slice of GF corn bread (to make ½ cup crumbs)
- 2 tsp basil (fresh or dried)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- In a food processor, pulse cornbread into crumbs. Add basil, garlic, 1 Tbsp olive oil and pulse until combined.
- Grease a glass pie plate with 1 Tbsp olive oil, then spread out half of the tomatoes into the pan, cut side up. Spread crumb mixture on top, then place the remaining tomatoes on top, cut side down. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes. Serve as a side dish, or using a spatula, lift up a portion and place on a cooked piece of white fish. Garnish with fresh basil if you like.