These high-rising buns are filled with flavor from tangy Asiago cheese and sweet baked garlic.
Psyllium and pectin are added to the flour mixture to help improve the texture and strength of the dough. You can add 1 tsp pectin (or gelatin powder) and/or 1 ¼ tsp psyllium powder in with the dry ingredients of any bread recipe.
Spoon dough into a well greased muffin tin, smoothing tops with wetted fingers. This dough is firm enough to shape into balls by hand - just make sure hands are well wetted to prevent dough from sticking. Spray lightly with cooking oil, cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes.
|Asiago & Roasted Garlic Rolls|
- 1 cup warm water (110°F)
- 1 pkg active yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cups GFC Flour Blend for Breads
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp pectin or gelatin
- 1 ¼ tsp psyllium powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup grated Asiago cheese, divided
- 6 cloves roasted garlic, mashed
- 1 Tbsp rosemary, chopped
- In a small dish combine water, yeast and sugar. Stir and let sit for 10 minutes to activate.
- In another bowl whisk together eggs, oil and vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flours and starches, xanthan gum, gelatin, psyllium powder and salt.
- Combine together the yeast and egg mixtures, then add to flour mixture. Mix at low speed until smooth. Add all but 2 Tbsp of the cheese, the garlic and all but 1 tsp of the rosemary, mixing at high speed until combined.
- Drop into grease muffin tins until ¾ full. Smooth tops with wet fingers. Spray tops with oil and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let rise for 30 minutes in a warm spot.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes, or until internal temperature reads above 204°F. Remove from oven and sprinkle on the reserved 2 Tbsp of cheese and rosemary.