Boost your foods nutritional content by sprinkling on a tablespoon of this nut and seed mixture that is chock full of fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals.
But to ensure you get the most nutritional value from the flax seeds, you need to do this first – crack or grind the seeds.
This is because our bodies can’t digest the hulls of flax seeds, so if we can’t digest the hulls, they will pass right though us without any of the seeds insides (which contains fiber, omega-3, and lignans) being absorbed.
Roast everything until the almonds just start turning golden brown.
|Roasted Nut & Seed Mix|| |
- ¼ cup flax seeds
- ½ cup raw pepitas (hulled pumpkin seeds)
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp raw sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds
- Using a mortar and pestle (or grinder), gently crack the seeds. Pour them onto a rimmed baking sheet along with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 375°F for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a month.
Makes 1¾ cups
Tools used in this recipe:
All the products that we have recommended have been tried and tested in our Gluten Free Club Test Kitchen, and have been chosen as our top picks based on their:
- Quality of the task they are designed to do
- Quality of manufacturing/Longevity
- Best value for your money
If you decide to purchase any of the items we recommend, Amazon will send a small percentage of the purchase price to the Gluten Free Club (at no extra cost to you!). We appreciate and value your support, thank you!
To see all our favorite kitchen items we use and recommend in; Bakeware, Cookware, Small Appliances, Kitchen Tools & Gadgets, Knives, and Recommended Cookbooks, visit our shopping page at our Amazon.com eStore – Gluten Free Club