Kids can’t have all the fun treats. This refreshing popsicle is sweet enough to satisfy the kid in you, yet has a unique ‘earthly’ flavor from the basil that your adult side will savor.
Lemon-Basil Ice Pops
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon rind
- 12 fresh basil leaves divided
- 1/2 - 1 cup lemon juice to taste
- In a saucepan combine water, sugar, lemon rind and 6 basil leaves (chopped or torn). Bring to a boil, remove from heat and let steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain mixture into a pitcher and stir in lemon juice.
- Place one whole basil leaf into each popsicle mold, then fill up with liquid. Freeze until firm.