Serve with your favorite European sausage.
Old Fashioned Hot German Potato Salad
- 4 large potatoes boiled
- 6 strips GF bacon cooked
- 1 medium onion diced fine
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp celery salt or 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp GF mustard
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- After potatoes have been boiled, peel off skins while still hot. Then slice thinly.
- Fry bacon in a skillet until crisp, set aside.
- Use bacon drippings to brown onion and celery. Then stir in salt,sugar, cornstarch,mustard and add vinegar and water. This will make the hot salad dressing. If sauce thickens too much, add in a bit of water.
- Stir in sliced potatoes, and serve.