Fresh basil, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes with a hint of lemon – simply delicious. A must try for your next picnic.
Stack the basil leaves on top of one another neatly. Roll lengthwise like a cigar, then thinly cut.
|Cucumber Salad With Lemon & Basil|| || |
Author: Marla Hingley
For the best flavor and texture, eat this salad the day its made. If left to sit overnight, the cucumbers lose their crunch and make the dressing watery.
- 4 English cucumbers, cut into ¼" slices, seeded
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, whole
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Zest from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup fresh basil, torn
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare cucumbers, and place in a large dish with tomatoes (seeding the cucumbers and keeping the tomatoes whole prevents their juices from diluting the dressing).
- Chiffonade basil, then cut again to make smaller pieces.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients (and basil), then pour over veggies. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, to allow the cucumbers to get flavored with the dressing.
To chiffonade basil: stack leaves together, roll tightly length-wise, then thinly slice with a sharp knife.