Fresh basil, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes with a hint of lemon – simply delicious. A must try for your next picnic.
Stack the basil leaves on top of one another neatly. Roll lengthwise like a cigar, then thinly cut.
Cucumber Salad With Lemon & Basil
- 4 English cucumbers cut into 1/4" slices, seeded
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes whole
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh basil torn
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare cucumbers, and place in a large dish with tomatoes (seeding the cucumbers and keeping the tomatoes whole prevents their juices from diluting the dressing).
- Chiffonade basil, then cut again to make smaller pieces.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients (and basil), then pour over veggies. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, to allow the cucumbers to get flavored with the dressing.