This appetizer can be served warm or at room temperature. Scoop this tasty tip using endive leaves, rice crackers, or baguette slices.
|Pinenut & Mushroom Spread|| |
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine
- ½ pound mushrooms, wiped clean and finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup of shallots, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp GF sour cream
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp parsley,chopped
- Melt butter in a large skillet on high heat. Add the mushrooms, garlic and shallots, and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, heat a small skillet on high heat. Add the pine nuts. Cook, stirring frequently, until they begin to get a little toasted. As soon as they begin to toast, remove the pan from the heat and put the pine nuts into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Put mushroom mixture in a bowl, add the toasted pine nuts. Once the mushrooms have cooled down a bit, mix in the lemon juice, sour cream, and parsley.
- Serve warm or chilled, with endive leaves or on baguette slices.