Cumin, cayenne, ginger and cinnamon blend together to create these sweet and spicy crunchy pumpkin seeds.
|Sweet & Spicy Pumpkin Seeds|| |
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin seeds
- 5 Tbsp sugar, divided
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger
- Pinch cayenne
- 1 ½ Tbsp peanut oil (or oil of your choice)
- Cook seeds: spread seeds onto parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 250°F, stirring occasionally, about 1 hr until dry. Let cool.
- Combine spices and 3 Tbsp sugar in large bowl. Heat oil in fry pan, add seeds and 2 Tbsp sugar.
- Cook until sugar melts and seeds begin to caramelize, about 60 seconds. Transfer to bowl and toss with sugars and spices. Let cool.