Almonds give this traditional hummus and deep nutty taste. Serve as a veggie dip, or spread over your favorite gluten-free crackers or baguette slices. Try adding a bit of tahini for some added flavor.
|Mediterranean Almond Dip|| |
- ½ cup almonds, toasted
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, baked* or raw
- 1 can (15½ oz.) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Toast almonds in a skillet over med-high heat, until starts to turn brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, mix almonds with garlic and oil. Process until finely ground.
- Add beans, lemon juice and pepper and process until smooth. While machine is running, slowly pour in more olive oil until it becomes the consistency you want for your dip.
- Serve with fresh veggies, corn chips, or your favorite GF crackers or spread over baguette slices.