Almonds give this traditional hummus and deep nutty taste. Serve as a veggie dip, or spread over your favorite gluten-free crackers or baguette slices. Try adding a bit of tahini for some added flavor.
|Mediterranean Almond Dip|| |
Author: Marla Hingley
Almonds give this traditional hummus and deep nutty flavor.
- ½ cup almonds, toasted
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, baked* or raw
- 1 can (15½ oz.) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Toast almonds in a skillet over med-high heat, until starts to turn brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, mix almonds with garlic and oil. Process until finely ground.
- Add beans, lemon juice and pepper and process until smooth. While machine is running, slowly pour in more olive oil until it becomes the consistency you want for your dip.
- Serve with fresh veggies, corn chips, or your favorite GF crackers or spread over baguette slices.
To bake garlic, slice the top off the whole garlic bulb so the tips of all the cloves are exposed. Drizzle some olive oil over top and wrap in foil. Bake in oven at 350F for 30 minutes, or until cloves are soft and golden colored. Squeeze cloves out to remove from bulb.