Sweet juicy peaches glazed with maple syrup and cinnamon, are sandwiched between crispy French Toast for a decadent breakfast.
Peach-Stuffed French Toast
- 1 cup sliced peaches 1/4" thick (fresh or canned)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk or milk alternative
- 4 slices GF bread
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- In a bowl combine peaches, syrup and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Lightly sauté until heated throughout, set aside and keep warm.
- Whisk together egg, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and milk, then dip bread slices in to fully coat. Add oil to pan, and cook bread until golden on both sides.
- To serve, spoon peach mixture onto 1 slice of French toast, then top with another. Drizzle with more maple syrup and whip cream if desired.