This pasta dish is reminiscent of Asian cooking and includes a peanut sauce that is spiced with cayenne pepper and curry powder. This works well as a side dish with beef or as a complete vegetarian meal.
|Oriental Style Pasta with Peanut Sauce|| |
- 1 lb GF spaghetti or linguini (or rice stick noodles)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅛-1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp GF tamari or soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp rice or apple cider vinegar
- ⅔ cup all natural peanut butter
- 1½ cups GF broth (beef, vegetable, or chicken), hot
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain, keep warm, and set aside.
- Heat oils in a saucepan over medium heat, and add onions. Sauté until onions are soft.
- Add garlic, cayenne, and curry. Stir well, then add the tamari, brown sugar, vinegar, and peanut butter. Stir until a thick paste is formed. Slowly pour in just enough broth until you get the sauce consistency you want. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, pour sauce over noodles and toss well. Garnish with scallions, chives, black sesame seeds, or chopped peanuts.