Make this in the spring when Asparagus is young and tender.
Asparagus & Lemon Cream Pasta
- GF pasta
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb asparagus trimmed and cut into 1-inch diagonal pieces
- 2 bunches scallions trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup ricotta or cottage cheese
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil thinly sliced
- Cook pasta according to instructions on package. Rinse, drain and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan heat oil and saute asparagus and scallions until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta, cheese, zest and salt and pepper. Stir gently until evenly mixed. Top with basil.