Sour cream adds a wonderful richness to these muffins
|Blueberry Sour Cream Muffins|| |
- ¾ cup butter or margarine, room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ¾ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup GF sour cream
- ⅛ cup milk or milk alternative
- 1¼ cups GF flour blend (with xanthan gum)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 half-pint fresh blueberries
- Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes, then add eggs in one at a time. Add them remaining wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients, then slowly add to wet ingredients and beat until just mixed. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pans (an ice cream scoop works great), filling each cup just below the top, and bake for at 375°F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until internal temperature of loaf reaches 205°F, using an instant read thermometer.