Sour cream adds a wonderful richness to these muffins
Blueberry Sour Cream Muffins
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup GF sour cream
- 1/8 cup milk or milk alternative
- 1 1/4 cups GF flour blend with xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 half-pint fresh blueberries
- Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes, then add eggs in one at a time. Add them remaining wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients, then slowly add to wet ingredients and beat until just mixed. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pans (an ice cream scoop works great), filling each cup just below the top, and bake for at 375°F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until internal temperature of loaf reaches 205°F, using an instant read thermometer.