Made this flavorful dinner low carb by forgetting the potatoes and serving over a bed of Cauliflower Mash!
Marinate chicken for at least an hour, place the chicken on a trivet inside the pressure cooker (see below for more information on the trivet I use), as well as the remaining ingredients, and set timer.
Once the chicken is cooked, strain (but reserve) liquid from pressure cooker, then bring it to a boil in a skillet until reduced by half. Drizzle it over the chicken, along with the reserved olives and serve.
|Moroccan Chicken with Olives and Capers (Pressure Cooker)|| |
- 4 bone-in chicken quarters, skinless
- 1 lemon*, quartered
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup pitted olives (black, green, Kalamata, or a mix), sliced
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
- ¾ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- Combine marinade ingredients, and put in Ziploc bag with chicken, mixing until chicken is evenly coated. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Place chicken in pressure cooker (on rack to elevate from liquid), topping with marinade. Squeeze lemons over chicken, and add to pot along with remaining ingredients, except parsley.
- Set timer (each model is different - approx 25-35 min).
- Once done, set chicken aside. Strain liquid (putting capers and olives over chicken), and pour liquid into a skillet. Bring to a boil and reduce by ½, then drizzle over chicken to serve. Garnish with parsley.
To cook in oven - place chicken and ingredients into a baking dish (big enough so chicken pieces are not overlapping). Cook at 400°F for 40-50 minutes, or until fully cooked.
GFC Tried & Tested Recommendations
All the products that we have recommended have been tried and tested in our Gluten Free Club Test Kitchen, and have been chosen as our top picks based on their:
- Quality of the task they are designed to do
- Quality of manufacturing/Longevity
- Best value for your money
If you decide to purchase any of the items we recommend, Amazon will send a small percentage of the purchase price to the Gluten Free Club (at no extra cost to you!). We appreciate and value your support, thank you!
Keto-Friendly/Low Carb Recipe