With a light butter and wine sauce, the tomatoes are allowed to shine in this simple yet tasty dish.
|Chicken with Cherry Tomatoes in White Wine Reduction|| |
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally (to speed pan frying)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes, whole
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine, cold
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and fry in a hot skillet with oil. Fry about 5 minutes per side, or until fully cooked. Remove to a plate to keep warm and set aside.
- Add wine, garlic and tomatoes to skillet and simmer over medium-high heat until wine is reduced by half and tomatoes start to split, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter. To make a thicker sauce, pour in a cornstarch mixture (1 tsp cornstarch + 1 tsp cold water) while sauce is simmering. Whisk until thick. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.