Bold, spicy, sweet, tangy…BBQ sauce generally has the same overall flavor. So why not try something a little different this time?
This Whiskey-Orange glaze is a perfect combination, and is fantastic brushed over BBQ chicken. The whiskey adds the sour, orange and honey add the sweet, and a few extra ingredients add a bit more punch to round out all the flavors.
If you’re not a drinker, don’t worry about the whiskey – all the alcohol will be burned off during cooking (or you can replace the whiskey with soya sauce if you like).
|Whiskey-Orange Glazed BBQ Chicken|| |
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup whiskey
- 2 tsp Sriracha GF chili sauce
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 2 tsp thyme (or ¼ cup fresh)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 chicken pieces
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tsp Sriracha GF chili sauce
- 2 tsp whiskey
- 1 tsp GF Dijon mustard
- Zest of 1 orange
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, and place in a covered dish or in a large zipper lock bag.
- To prepare marinade, whisk together all ingredients together, then pour over chicken. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, to overnight.
- Grill chicken over medium heat, until cooked throughout, about 30 minutes.
- While chicken is grilling, prepare glaze. Whisk together all ingredients and generously brush over chicken (both sides) for last 5 minutes of cooking.
[hr]FAQ: Is Whiskey Gluten Free?