Sweet chunks of pineapple in a thick sauce, with a hint of curry.
- 14 oz unsweetened canned pineapple chunks including juice
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 1 lb raw chicken in small chunks
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp potato starch
- 2 tsp GF chicken bouillon
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder or to taste
- Heat oil in large non-stick frying pan. Sauté chicken and vegetable in hot oil for 4-5 minutes.
- Dissolve potato starch in 1/8 cup cold water and set aside. Add other 1/8 cup water, ketchup, curry powder and pineapple chunks and juice to vegetables. Heat.
- Add chicken soup mix. Lower heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes. Pour the remaining water and potato starch mixture, beating thoroughly. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes or till mixture becomes thick.