Whipped cream in the batter gives this a light and fluffy texture.
Flourless Mocha Chocolate Cake
- 1 lb. bittersweet chocolate finely chopped
- 3 oz. GF semi-sweet chocolate finely chopped
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp strong brewed hot coffee
- 6 eggs room temp
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Melt chocolate in the microwave, stir until smooth. Slowly whisk in hot coffee. Set aside
- Whip cream until stiff peaks form, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine eggs and sugar and beat on high for 4 minutes (should double in size).
- Fold chocolate mixture into egg mixture 1/3 at a time, and then fold in whipped cream in same manner. Transfer to greased/parchment lined round cake pan and tap the pan lightly on work surface to settle any air pockets. Smooth top.
- Bake at 325F for 50-60 minutes. Cake should be somewhat firm in the middle. Turn oven off and let cake cool in oven for 2 hours.