It’s hard to believe you can make great tasting pancakes with no flour! Finely ground pecans take the place of the flour, and some banana helps hold it all together (although it only has a very mild banana flavor).
Process pecans until they are very finely ground, then add in the remaining ingredients. Pulsing to combine.
Pour the batter onto a medium-hot greased skillet, turning once the the top is set just enough so they are easy to flip. With the high nut content in the batter, the pancakes will burn quite easily if the temperature gets too hot, so be sure to watch the temperature as they are cooking.
|Flourless Pecan Pancakes|| |
- 1 ½ cups pecans
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ripe banana*, mashed (use ¾ of banana for milder flavor)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- Place nuts in a food processor and grind to a fine texture. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until combined and smooth.
- Over medium-low heat, heat a bit of oil then pour into about ¼ cup of the batter for each pancake. Flip them once the top is set.
Tools used in this recipe:
All the products that we have recommended have been tried and tested in our Gluten Free Club Test Kitchen, and have been chosen as our top picks based on their:
- Quality of the task they are designed to do
- Quality of manufacturing/Longevity
- Best value for your money
If you decide to purchase any of the items we recommend, Amazon will send a small percentage of the purchase price to the Gluten Free Club (at no extra cost to you!). We appreciate and value your support, thank you!
To see all our favorite kitchen items we use and recommend in; Bakeware, Cookware, Small Appliances, Kitchen Tools & Gadgets, Knives, and Recommended Cookbooks, visit our shopping page at our Amazon.com eStore – Gluten Free Club