Use these savory cloves in your pasta dishes, spread over a toasted gluten free baguette, or added to your baked chicken dishes.
Baking/caramelizing (process done slowly over a period of 45 minutes or so) garlic renders it with an almost sweet flavor. In this quicker version, we are omitting the long baking time and instead boil the garlic cloves for a few minute to remove their harsh ‘bite’.
|Maple-Balsamic Roasted Garlic|| |
- 3 heads garlic, peeled
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp GF balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- Add cloves to a small saucepan and cover with water. Add salt and bring to a boil. After 3 minutes of boiling, drain and blot dry on a paper towel (boiling reduces the strong 'bite' of the garlic).
- In a small skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and add garlic. Sauté for about 4 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Add balsamic and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat slightly and simmer uncovered for 12 minutes until reduced by half.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.