Not everyone has access to a grocery store or health food store with a large gluten-free section. So if you’ve planned on making some homemade Chinese food for dinner, don’t forget those yummy condiments, like Sweet & Sour Sauce. Strawberries and red peppers are a few of the ingredients that make this recipe a perfect balance of sweet and sour.
Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 3 cups strawberries sliced (fresh or frozen)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 red peppers chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Combine all ingredients, and simmer for 30 minutes. If want a thicker sauce, stir in a cornstarch mixture (2 tsp cornstarch + 2 tsp cold water).
- Allow to cool, then purée in a blender or food processor.
- Refrigerate until needed.